Last week MoMo, the smallest of Calico's quads and still getting a supplemental bottle, was invited to visit two kindergarten classes. He made me very proud, standing still as the noise level fluctuated and letting everyone pet him. After he had a bottle, I told them a little about sheep, including the fact that they have four stomachs. One very smart little boy made a connection between four lambs and four stomachs and asked if there had been a lamb in each stomach. I hope my answer was sufficient and not too confusing. It was great fun. BTW, MoMo is going to a new home with his two sisters next month where he will be a much-loved pet lamb/sheep.
Poor Dirt Farmer Blog
- New look for old goats
- So you think you want a milk goat!
- Registered Katahdin ram lamb for sale *SOLD*
- Charlie is here to make lambs!
- Time for the kids to leave home
- Cocoa's lambs are here!
- First lamb has arrived!
- Lambs due first week of February
- SOLD OUT !
- This year's ewe lambs are sold!
- Lambs have arrived!
- 2015 Crop of Lambs and Kids
- Hey, who are you???
- The lambs are here!
- The nursery is ready!